Saturday, August 14, 2010

Final Post

Well, I figured I mine as well make one final post before I head home in a few days. I am now in Bogota... Yeah, I know, my last post I was in Bogota too but since then I have flown to Cartagena in the north of Colombia, traveled to a town called Taganga and got my diving certification, went to Parque Nacional Tyrona to see some beaches, a town called San Gil where I went caving and paragliding, and Villa de Leyva where I pretty much did nothing (quite nice).

Just thought I would post a few final pictures for those of you that I won't see in awhile and can't show you in person.

Bogota: its prettier when you can't see the details...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Cartagena with lots of cool little streets that look like this. Didn't get very good pictures of Cartagena...
Photobucket

I took a boat to this beach outside of Cartagena.
Photobucket

After Cartagena I went to Taganga. This is where we stopped to eat lunch every day while I was getting the diving certification. The diving was cool and we saw some cool stuff like sea turtles, big lobsters, and lots of different types of tropical fish... jumping off this cliff was fun too. :)
Photobucket

After Taganga I went to Parque Nacional Tyrona... there are lots of really nice beaches there and there are not many people at all. I had to hike for about 2 hours to the beach and about an hour of it was through mud that often almost came up to my knees... it was worth it though.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After Tyrona I went to San Gil where I went caving and paragliding... not really any pics of either... I did crash paragliding which wasn't much fun. I went to a little historical town called Villa de Leyva after that. It was really nice to just relax for awhile. And yeah, now i'm back in Bogota.

My plane leaves at 1am on the 17th and I should be back in Missoula by the 18th and Red Lodge on the 20th.

Chau South America!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Kadin. What an amazing experience. Are you ready to come back to the states? Are you going to be able to live in Montana after all of your travels?

    I heard you are going to be traveling around the states with your friend. Any chance we will be seeing you in the southern states? Like NM?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Meg,
    Yeah I think I am ready to come back to the states for awhile... it gets pretty tiring living out of a little backpack and constantly moving. For now I am planning on considering Missoula my home town to go back to but I don't really plan on staying there for any long period of time.

    I am going to travel in the states here pretty soon with a girl that I think I can safely say is my girlfriend now. heh. Her name is Sara and she's from Sweden. She is coming to the States the end of September and we will start traveling shortly after. We will definitely be coming to see you, Seth and Zeke. I'm not sure exactly when but I will let you know when it gets a little closer. Hope your doing good!

    ReplyDelete