Sunday, July 4, 2010

Foz do Iguaçu

Just a few pics from the Brazilian side I did yesterday because I am bored and sitting at a crappy hostel in Campo Grande. Going on a Pantanal tour tomorrow (tropical wetland tour).

I think I liked the Argentinian side better but the Brazilian side had a lot to offer as well. It gave you better views from far away and there were some really bright rainbows that I managed to catch on film (Argentina had these too but not quite as bright so couldn't really capture them).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I spent about 7 hours on the Argentinian side and only spent about 2 and 1/2 on the Brazilian side. There just wasn't that many different areas to walk around like the Argentina side had.

Oh here was the 88th butterfly I saw... I couldn't managed to catch 1-87 on film. Sorry.

Photobucket

After the Pantanal I am going to either fly straight to Manaus, Brazil or take a bus to Rio de Janeiro and hang out there for a few days before flying to Manaus. From Manaus I am going to take a boat through the amazon and cross into Colombia. Just waiting on someone to see when they are going to be able to make it to Manaus so I don't have to make the shady trip alone. Hah, I'm such a weeeener.

By the way, it really sucks to be in a country where you only know 2 words of the language (obligado=thanks and falar=to speak). I can't say a damn thing or understand a damn thing here. Craziness.

3 comments:

  1. haha... 88th butterfly... you are funny! It really does look like the number 88 though!
    Once again, the waterfall pictures are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some pictures that would terrify you and Mike... I was nice enough to not post it. :) There was 2 whole fields of your furry legged friends. I don't even mind the little guys but this even creeped me out. If you want I can post the pics. Just let me know. :p

    ReplyDelete