Friday, July 2, 2010

Buenos Aires and IGUAZU!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in Puerto Iguazu right now which is the boarder town before I move into Brazil. The Iguazu falls are located just outside this city which are absolutely AMAZING. I'll get to that in just a bit.

First, Buenos Aires. I only stayed in B.A. for about 4 days. It was a nice city but I was ready to get out of the city for awhile because I had stayed in Santiago/Valparaiso for over 2 weeks. There were lots of cool old buildings... more so than any of the other cities I have been to.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I mostly just walked around town and visited parks... and obviously ate the steak. The steaks were pretty good and fairly cheap (about 6 or 6 bucks) but generally when you order a steak that is what you get. A slab of meat on a plate. Anyways, I visited the cemetery which was pretty damn cool imo. There were TONS of statues...

Photobucket

Lots of cool mausoleums...

Photobucket

Photobucket

There are many famous Argentinian people buried here but I don't really know much of the history (or pretty much any of the history of Argentina) so I didn't know which mausoleums were the famous people or not. It was a really amazing cemetery though.

I also went to the Botanical gardens which was... well, kind of just like any other park. It was nice though.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The famous El Caminito street in Buenos Aires was a bit... meh. Way to many tourists (and people trying to sell you shit) and to me seemed kind of like a fake/wanna be Valparaiso. But it had purty colors!!

Photobucket

And people dancing Tango...

Photobucket

I went to a tango show the last night I was there too. It was pretty cool but I wasn't allowed to take any pics. I got dinner for free too which was awesome! It was like a $30 dinner too with all you can drink wine... woot!

That's about it for ol' B.A.

Iguazu Falls is by far the most amazing sight I have ever seen in my life. I wish I could somehow describe it or capture it on film somehow but I just don't think it can be done. Absolutely amazing... and just think how many fish die every day from this thing...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I took a ton of pictures... these are just a few. My camera died shortly after La Garganta del Diablo (Throat of the Devil... the one I am standing in front of) which was a pretty depressing feeling when it shut off. At least I got almost everything on camera. After La Garganta del Diablo I found a hike off the beaten path that had very few people on it. It lead to a swimming hole at the bottom of a waterfall. On the way back from the swimming hole I saw some type of monkey in the trees... was kicking myself for not charging my battery at that point but I guess I will see plenty of wildlife when I go to the Pantanal in Brazil.

Tomorrow I am going to Brazil. I don't know if I am going to do the Foz do Iguacu side of the waterfalls or not, I probably will. After that I'm going to Campo Grande, Brazil to visit the Pantanal... from there who knows?

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That's pretty much all I can say about the waterfalls. Just amazing! Too bad you didn't have an extra battery with you on your trip!
    On a side note... are you growing chops?! lol, or is it just the pic making you look like you are?

    ReplyDelete