Friday, June 25, 2010

Santiago y el Viaje

Just a couple more pics of Santiago and the amazing bus ride to Mendoza. The up loader for pics doesn't seem to be working so i'll have to do this a different way...

The last week of Santiago there were only a few days that were nice. One day I managed to go out while it stopped raining and I went to el Museo de la Memoria. The building was pretty cool but because of the earthquake almost the entire museum was closed.

Photobucket

After that I started to walk to the museum of Pablo Neruda's house but it started pouring rain so I decided to wait until the next day to see it. The house on the right side was just part of his house... it is actually 3 different buildings that you have to access by going outside. When he was living there, there was rivers flowing right outside his windows and he had bridges over them to get from one section of his house to another.

Photobucket

I wasn't allowed to take pics of the inside but it was really cool. He was a huge fan of the ocean (even though he couldn't swim and sailing made him sick) and he made his house to resemble a ship. He has 3 different houses in Chile and all 3 are completely different. It would be cool to see the others but I am going to head to warmer weather...

Here are a couple buildings, damage from the earthquake and a few views from Santiago after the rain took a break.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

On the bus ride from Santiago to Mendoza (11 hours rather than the 6 it took the first time) the sky was absolutely amazing and the snow covered mountains couldn't even come close to being captured on a camera.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Tomorrow I am going to take a night bus to Buenos Aires. I think I might buy a guitar in BA if I can find a decent cheap one... It would be nice to be able to play while traveling around but is going to suck to have to carry a guitar around. I'll probably stay in BA for 4 or 5 days before heading to Iguazu. Really looking forward to seeing Iquazu.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty amazing cloud formations! Also the mountains are really spectacular....kind of like the beartooths. Have a good trip to the "Falls" and then to the jungle. I'm starting to kind of miss you.....but glad you are having a great travel experience!! Love you.

    ReplyDelete