Thursday, April 8, 2010

Lima, Peru

Well I made it to Lima. I had to change flights twice which I didn't even realize until I got my tickets... guess I should pay more attention when booking flights. The airports were pretty small that I changed over in and and it was really easy to find my gate. I switched planes in El Salvador and Costa Rica.

The taxi ride from the airport in Lima to Barranco (just a section of Lima) was insane. I wish I got pictures coming over... the area right around the airport is apparently the most dangerous and poor area. It was definitely interesting to say the least. The traffic here is absolutely crazy. Think L.A. without any rules about speed/changing lanes/etc. There was even one part where it was a two lane road and then all the sudden the one lane turned into a parking area for some auto shop w/o any warning. Craziness.

Enough writing. Here are some pics of Lima!

View from one window in my room (lol?):


View from other window:


Alley/walkway:


When you get to the bottom of those stairs in previous picture (lol):


Same area as above:


Close to the beach:


I am hopefully going to jump off of this (paraglide):


It would be cool to get some pictures of the less touristy local streets but I feel strange taking pictures.... I'm sure I will get some in the next few days I am here.

3 comments:

  1. bienvenido!
    Enjoy Lima, don`t forget to visit El Cusco and Machu Pichu, I`ve never been in Peru, but people always say you must visit this places.
    Nos vemos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Kadin!! Im just doing a little freak out in the S.S. lab and figured I'd check out your blog. I am gona give Jean Franco's email to you. "franco_22_olivera@hotmail.com". He said he is busy but can "party" as he referred to it-on weekends. He is expecting to hear from you and lives in the city.

    Cool man! your place looks sick. cant wait to see you paraglide off that ledge. Remember to be innovative and assertive!! I'm sure there will be lots of cool shit and people to sniff out!! Talk soon!!

    -dylan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't feel silly taking pictures! Take billions and billions of photographs! :)

    ReplyDelete