Friday, April 16, 2010

Sand Boarding... Weeeeeeee

Had an awesome last few days...

Before taking off from Lima we ate some really good sushi that was prepared at our hostel. It was definitely the best I have had (although that isn't saying much... only have had it 2 times before) but we ate way too much. That's Dave on the right
btw... and yeah, i'm burnt.



The next day after getting out Brazilian visas we headed straight for the bus station. We left Lima around 5:30ish and got to Huacachino at around 10:30ish. Huacachino is a very small town outside of Ica and is known for its sand boarding.



The next day we headed up the sand dunes in these big ass dune buggies. I must say... I think the dune buggy ride was more fun than the sand boarding (although the sand boarding was fun too...). The driver would go hauling ass over dunes and we'd launch into the air. Pretty crazy.





The view of the dunes was insane....




The sand boarding wasn't exactly what I imagined either. I thought I would be able to do it easily because I snowboard but that only gave me a slight advantage. I ate shit pretty hard quite a few times. Here I think I am about to fall...



And the aftermath:


4 comments:

  1. Looks likes you are having a blast! Both the sandboarding and dune buggy rides look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you guys really eat ALL that sushi?? That looks like a lot of sushi!!! Sun, sand, and fun.....life is good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, Matt told me when he was there one of the small planes crashed and all 5 French tourists were killed.....nice thing to tell a Mom right before her son goes flying.....glad to see the pics of the wild looking lines, needless to say...

    ReplyDelete
  4. We ate most of it... the guy working at the hostel had a little.

    They told us about the plane crash before we got on the plane but they didn't tell us that anyone died. I guess they used to fly w/ just a pilot but now they upped the price because they have pilot and co-pilot now to make it safer.

    ReplyDelete